Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Public forums  » Troubleshooting  » CPU resources

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

CPU resources

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
CPU resources, VIP Organizer is using lot of CPU resources

Hi there,

I have noticed that VIP organizer is using constantly lot of CPU resources. One can easily see it with with Process Explorer. Practically speaking, even if VIP is not used, the processor peaks on VIP every second. I presume that there is some process check for time to raise alerts, but even if I do not have any alerts set, this is still happening. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

Andre

Dear Andre,

Thank you for your report!

The alerts can't be the cause of such issue.

Could you tell me please how many percents of CPU and how many K of "mem usage" our application use?

Hello Victoria,

thank you for your reply. I sent you separate email with attachment. The utilization jumps to about 30% every second on VIP Organizer, and the memory is fairly constant (75,000 K virtual and 30,000 K physical). Once VIP is closed, the utilization drops and no more distinct peak like that are visible.

Andre

Hi,

I am a trial user. I installed VIP Organizer on Win XP. I am seeing the same issues as reported by Andre Kaminski.

Every second, the CPU utilization for "VIP Oraganizer" image jumps between 0% to 36% and it seems to hog the CPU continuously. Also it seems to do continuous disk read/write. I see that this issue was reported back in 2007 and again in May 2007.

Has any fix been done?

-Sathyan

Andre Kaminski wrote:
Hello Victoria,

thank you for your reply. I sent you separate email with attachment. The utilization jumps to about 30% every second on VIP Organizer, and the memory is fairly constant (75,000 K virtual and 30,000 K physical). Once VIP is closed, the utilization drops and no more distinct peak like that are visible.

Andre

Dear Sathyan,

Could you please check how much CPU VIP Organizer utilize when:
1. Only VIP Organizer is running
2. Other program utilize CPU as well

Actuually when there are idle processes and no other programs are actively used VIP Organizer can untilize more, while when CPU is required for running other applications it should take less.

Serge

Serge,

Thanks for the response. I have checked multiple times and VPN Organizer CPU utilization keeps changing every second from 0% to to 22% to 1% to 3% to 29% to 44% to xx...

If you look at the task manager, and click on Process Tab, sort by CPU and select VIP Organizer.exe row, you can see that VPN Organizor row jumping up and down.

Let me know if you need more information.

-Sathyan

Hi there,

I am still on the message board so I got notification about Sathyan's query. This problem was never resolved, and it made VIP Organizer useless to me. After my queries I got message from Victoria that this problem was related to a 'license check' and it was not planned to be addressed. Funny enough this message was never posted here.

Andre

Dear Sathyan and Andre,

In a couple of weeks we are planning to release a minor update of VIP Organizer with some fixed bugs and improvements. We will try to offer a solution for this issue as well. The problem is only few users reported CPU utilization issue and that makes it hard to detect (for example we don't have it). I believe Victoria didn't post the message about a 'license check' because this information is not verified yet. If you are not subscribed to the news, please, do that and you will be informed about the release.

Serge

Thanks. I like the product. But, as Andre said, it is not very useful without a proper fix.

-Sathyan

Thanks for the patience.

The update is previously planned for October 22, 2007.
We hope that it will fix CPU issue because we don't have it on our computers to state that it is fixed for sure. So we would appreciate if you report the issue after the release.

Serge

Great, I am looking forward.

Andre

Serge,

one more comment or hint perhaps. I bought VIP Organizer end of 2006, and it worked for me fine until the last upgrade preceding May 2007 - I do not remember exact the date or number of the release, but after that the performance of the application degraded to such level that I finally started looking into the CPU utilization.

Andre

Hello,

I am happy to say that it seems that the latest version of VIP Organizer fixed the problem. Though VIP is still popping up in process explorer - the CPU utilization is not more than 7%, and it is not dominant anymore like before with 30%. It is fine with me. Thank you for fixing.

Andre

OK, this is me again. Sorry for confusing messages but after couple of hours of work - VIP Organizer is back at 30% and at the top of the processes list every second. So problem was not fixed.

Andre

Well, it's sad, becuse the only obvious reason for this which was added in March, was removed in this update. Again, it would be much easier to fix if we could reproduce it. For example, my Organizer takes 00 - 07 CPU.

Andre,

Could you please download the latest version and check if the problem has gone or not?

It should be version 2.9.1 build 3036.

Serge

Andre,

The problem is fixed in version 2.9.1 build 3036.

Sergie, Thanks for taking care of it.

-Sathyan
Pages: 1