Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Public forums  » Tutorials, tips and tricks?  » Restore shared database

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

Restore shared database

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
Restore shared database, Use pro while traveling and in office

Can I have Taskmanager pro on our server for office team to use and on my laptop so I can carry all current projects with me while out of office. This would allow me to see projects while on road without remote access to server even thoug they would only be as up to date as my last restore. When I return then update or restore the current server database and project status to my laptop files. Then logon to server with laptop to use as a user on server database on days I am in office.

Dear Loyd Rodgers,

Well, of course, the best solution is to connect to the database via Internet, VPN, etc. For that purpose you need to install the server application and keep the database on computer with static (outer) IP address.

However, you can see the projects in the trip as you described. For this purpose you need to do the following:
1. Install VIP Task Manager Professional on your laptop by selecting "Full Installation".
2. Ask all your team members to close VIP Task Manager Professional on their Pcs and copy database to your laptop.
3. Register the database as it is described by the link below (start from step 3):
http://www.taskmanagementsoft.com/support/faq/how-to-move-database-to-server.php

4. When you are in the trip you can set connection to the offline database on laptop.
5. When you are in the office again, you can set connection to the up-to-date database.

Best regards,
Marina
Pages: 1