Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Public forums  » Tutorials, tips and tricks?  » Importing from Excel or CSV

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

Importing from Excel or CSV

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
Importing from Excel or CSV

Just downloaded and trying VIP Organizer. It looks as if it's got pretty well all the features I need, but I've got a huge number of tasks currently in Excel that I'd like to import. Can I do this? How do I have to format the Excel or CSV file so it will correctly import new tasks from file? In particular what do I have to put in the ID field, or is there a way of leaving this blank, for a new task, and having VIP Organizer create an ID on import?

Thanks - Rowan

Dear Rowan,

You can leave some columns blank like ID, Date Completed, etc., but you need to preserve the order of the format. The format is the following:

"id","name","priority","due_date","estimated_time","actual_time","done","category","reminder_datetime","reminder_file","complete","daysLeft","status","reminder_msgbox","link_file","note","note_rtf","date_created","date_opened","date_modified","date_completed"

So you will have something like this:

"","Send news","High","2007-01-23 15:10:00","0","0","False","Project","","","0","-254","Created","True","","","{\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\f0\fs16\par}","2006-11-15 09:41:29","2006-11-15 09:41:29","2007-01-23 14:52:31","2006-11-15 09:41:29"

Regards,
Serge

Thanks for your reply. I can't get this to work. I copied your exact text from your message into a CSV file, and imported it into VIP Organizer. It said it had completed the task successfully but the new task did not appear.

I then tried exporting the database to a new CSV file (in case the new task was there but not showing for some reason), but it wasn't there in the exported CSV file either. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks - Rowan

Dear Rowan,

The CSV file shoul contain this part in the beginning:

"id","name","priority","due_date","estimated_time","actual_t­ime","done","category","reminder_datetime","reminder_file","­complete","daysLeft","status","reminder_msgbox","link_file",­"note","note_rtf","date_created","date_opened","date_modified","date_completed"

And then actual tasks.
I will send you the sample by email.

Regards,
Serge
Pages: 1