Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Users comments  » Miscellaneous  » Organizer feature requests

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

Organizer feature requests

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
Organizer feature requests

Evaluating VIP Organizer and found a few small shortcomings. For the record, and in the hope of support from other users - and the makers of this tool:

i. it would be great (but not essential), if the Organizer supported customizable work flows

ii. it would be great if the Organizer supported file attachments (actual attachments, not references via URL) to tasks

iii. it would be a huge productivity and usability improvement if the Organizer supported creating tasks by dropping items into the Organizer: drop a word document for example, and a task gets created that takes its title from the document's title, and attaches the file. Drop any Outlook item (calendar item, task, email, contact, ...) and the "best fit" task gets created, etc. To me, task management is a multi-step process. The first, that of task creation, needs to happen very quickly when there is no time, and no immediate need, to refine that task straight-away. Main thing is that the "gosh this also needs doing" thought is captured.

iv. similar, and in addition to (iii), an optional shell context menu item (Create Organizer task from this...) would be nice (but not essential)

v. finally, the most unfortunate shortcoming of all: I find it essential that tasks can be related to each other, at least in a 1:1 basis, ideally in an N:M relationship. Tasks depend on each other, one task might gate another, two tasks together might gate a third, etc. This is an important reflection of what real-life tasks really are. I am surprised to find the tool doesn't support this, and can only hope that a future version might.

Anyways - it's actually a great tool, and I like using it already. I hope the above suggestions help making it even better.

First of all, thank you for your suggestions.

i. it would be great (but not essential), if the Organizer supported customizable work flows

This feature is implemented in [URL=http://www.taskmanagementsoft.com/]VIP Task Manager[/URL]. We will think if it should be added to VIP Organizer (or it is better to develop personal version of VIPTask Manager)

ii. it would be great if the Organizer supported file attachments (actual attachments, not references via URL) to tasks

The same answer as in the question above: VIP Task Manager already features this function.

iii. it would be a huge productivity and usability improvement if the Organizer supported creating tasks by dropping items into the Organizer: drop a word document for example, and a task gets created that takes its title from the document's title, and attaches the file. Drop any Outlook item (calendar item, task, email, contact, ...) and the "best fit" task gets created, etc. To me, task management is a multi-step process. The first, that of task creation, needs to happen very quickly when there is no time, and no immediate need, to refine that task straight-away. Main thing is that the "gosh this also needs doing" thought is captured.

iv. similar, and in addition to (iii), an optional shell context menu item (Create Organizer task from this...) would be nice (but not essential)

Could you please post this feature as a separate topic in Feature request section of this forum. We need to know other users opinion as there is so much to be done in the area of 'import'.

v. finally, the most unfortunate shortcoming of all: I find it essential that tasks can be related to each other, at least in a 1:1 basis, ideally in an N:M relationship. Tasks depend on each other, one task might gate another, two tasks together might gate a third, etc. This is an important reflection of what real-life tasks really are. I am surprised to find the tool doesn't support this, and can only hope that a future version might.

I see, but how exactly would you like the program to show this relationship, ex.: simply a text that tells that this task relates to that task, or possibility to set a link to the related task, or something else?

Serge, I posted both the quick task creation suggestion and the task relationships in the feature requests forum. I added a bit to the task relationships request that hopefully answers your question.
Pages: 1