Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Public forums  » Feature Requests  » Category Images

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

Category Images

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
Category Images, More Category Images

Is there an online library that may have additional category images?

Unfortunately, at the moment VIP Team To Do list doesn't allow to add extra images for categories. Thank you for the request.

In looking at the old forum postings on the VIP site, the suggestion/request for more category icons has been around since at least 2005. While I'm not a programmer, I've worked with other programs (not task managers, though) that had customizable icons since the mid-90s.

Forgetting the customizable issue (would be great to be able to add my own icons that relate to the categories I establish) since that's a more involved issue, what's the challenge to adding five or ten more icons to the current program? It would seem on the surface to be one of the easier feature fixes to do.

Dear David,

Thank you for the suggestion, but we would preffer to allow users to add their own icons rather than adding 5-6 more.

Serge

Dear David,

Thank you for the suggestion, but we would preffer to allow users to add their own icons rather than adding 5-6 more, because each user has his own categories.

Serge

is this a joke?

if so, it's a bad one.

years later and this "suggestion" is still being ignored?

it's far more than a suggestion. it's a serious FLAW/DESIGN DEFECT that needs to be corrected before anyone serious about organization, time management, project management, task management, etc. can take this product seriously.

one of these category icons is marginally useable, the rest are supposed to be WHAT? please, explain to me the thought process for lightning bolts, keys, etc. when they were deciding on icons. or was it just that you had a smple pack of "FUN ICONS" available to use.

icons that convey even a slight correlation to real categories are necessary or just don't have them.

i agree that it is better to allow users to add their own icons available for categories but years later and still not available? if this is any indication of the lack of talent of your programming staff, i am very wary of recommending your products to my varied clients.

can you provide some explanation why such a trivial, YES TRIVIAL, update to your programs? if so, i am happy to reconsider the rejection of your products for consideration.

thank you.

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for the sound criticism. Yes, you are totally right: adding more icons is a trivial thing in terms of programming and it wouldn’t take so long to add this feature if not the following reasons:

1. We have 2 product lines: 1) To Do List Line (VIP Simple To Do List, VIP Organizer and VIP Team To Do List) and 2) Task Management Line (VIP Task Manager Standard and VIP Task Manager Professional). Task Management Line was newer and it took more time and resources than To Do List Line for taking it to appropriate level. Of course, I believe this is not excuse for you, still it is an objective reason.

2. In 2008 we started development of the new platform (.NET) and plan to move both product lines to this new platform. It will help us to synchronize updating of 2 lines and develop much more good features than old platform (DELPHI) allowed.

I would like to say "tank you" and "sorry". It seems you really like our product (otherwise you wouldn’t spend your time to writ to us) while we failed your expectations in a way. I hope we will finish developing the new platform this year and move VIP Organizer to it for adding all the good features our users suggested so far and surely such a useful feature as “category icons”.
Pages: 1