Buy
Support
Support
Support
Support
   Home  » Support  » Forum  » VIP To Do List Line Public forums  » Tutorials, tips and tricks?  » Sharing of VIP Team To Do

Support
News Archive
Register
Affiliate Program
Reseller Program
FAQ
»Forum
Helpdesk
Company
Contact Us
Search

Authorization

Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login As:
Login As
You can log in if you are registered at one of these services:

Sharing of VIP Team To Do

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Login

Pages: 1
RSS
Sharing of VIP Team To Do, Can software be shared?

Hello,
I have an assistant at work and was wondering if VIP Team To Do can be shared between 2 users. I would like the ability to see and edit the same "master view", so that we can both work interactively. Can this be done if we purchase 2 copies of the software?

Dear Bob Llewellyn,

After we received a lot of requests from VIP Team To Do List users for sharing the database interactively, we developed the product that allows to do this and released it in 2006.

This product is called VIP Task Manager and allows multiple users to access the same database simultaneously. You can learn more and download VIP Task Manager at product's website:

http://www.taskmanagementsoft.com/

If you have any questions about setting up and using the program don't hesitate to contact support department.

Can both programs, "VIP Team To Do" and "VIP Task Manager" work together on the same computer or are they separate applications that are only used separately?

"VIP Team To Do" and "VIP Task Manager" are stand alone applications. They can work on the same computer, but, of course, separately. Though some of our customers use them both because they can import tasks to VIP Task Manager from VIP Team To Do List. So they install VIP Team To Do List on their Laptop or home PC and then import tasks they created at home or in business trip to VIP Task Manager.

Also if server application of VIP Task Manager is installed on server ccomputer with outer/static IP adress, there is a possibility to connect to the database via Internet or VPN connection.

Can "VIP Team To Do" and "VIP Task Manager" share the same resources and data bases?

"VIP Team To Do" and "VIP Task Manager" have different database types, however they can share the same resources. Mind that at the moment it is only "one way sharing", i.e. you can export tasks from VIP Team To Do List to VIP Task Manager, but you can not export tasks from VIP Task Manager to VIP Team To Do List.

For example, you created task 1 assigned to resource A. When you export task 1 to VIP Task Manager for the first time, VIP Task Manager imports the task 1 and creates resource A. Then you created task 2 assigned to resource A. When you export task 2 to VIP Task Manager, VIP Task Manager imports the task 2 and assignes it to already created resource A.
Pages: 1